Even if you are an experienced angler, hiring a charter fishing service in Hawaii for your visit to Kailua-Kona is the best way to go. This is especially true if you are not from Hawaii or have never fished here before. Before you decide to go out on the water on your own, consider the specialized knowledge offered by the charter fishing service staff. You may find benefits you never considered:
- Species behavior: If your home is in the Pacific Northwest, for example, you are likely aware that there is a big difference between fishing for brook trout or pursuing steelhead. Each species attracts to stimulus and perceives danger differently. Your approach will be different with each type of fish. Blue marlin and striped marlin also present different behavior patterns, and you may not recognize the subtleties—which is where our staff’s expertise comes into play. Our team’s guidance can help you land your next big catch.
- Location of fish: Not only do we know how the fish behave, we also know where they live. Rather than boat around and hope you find the best spot, we can take you straight to the hot areas where other anglers have caught big fish in the past. By hiring a charter, you take out the guesswork and instead get to enjoy a cruise and a successful trip. You increase your enjoyment by eliminating the frustration.
- Unique boating conditions: Knowing the areas where you boat is essential, not only to catching fish, but also to staying safe. There are geographic anomalies that could threaten your boat, and water just behaves differently when you change locations. With an experienced fishing charter, you stay out of the dangerous areas. Your captain also knows the signs of imminent bad weather, which can also seriously ruin your trip. If you are not from Hawaii, these circumstances can get missed and land you in big trouble.
- Finding other wildlife: If you booked to ride and not to fish, or if you are waiting between fish, staff also possess the area knowledge to point out wildlife. You never know what you will see from one of our boats, whether it’s colorful sea birds or whales. This trip involves enjoying scenery and viewing wildlife, in addition to catching fish. Take it all in to enjoy a full experience.
- Taxidermist recommendations: Visitors from the mainland may not have the means to cook their fish for eating. Others may make a trophy catch and want to immortalize the moment forever. With our referral service, we can recommend a taxidermist to prepare your trophy mount so you can take it home. This extra service helps you preserve memories of your epic fishing trip and offers an option that prevents you from wasting fish.
Sea Wife Charters in Kailua-Kona offers fishing charter service in Hawaii that’s suitable for both the beginning and experienced angler alike. If you are ready for a deep-sea fishing adventure off the Hawaiian coast, book online or call us today. We look forward to hearing from you!