Charter fishing in Hawaii is an amazing, one-of-a-kind experience, whether you are a seasoned angler or someone who wants to try something new for the first time. The best part about a keep-your-catch charter is that, when you are all done, you will have the opportunity to give one of these appetizing marlin recipes a try:
- Glasser’s Greek marlin: If you are in the mood for a Greek-inspired dish, why not use your marlin catch in this tasty recipe? After pan baking your marlin in a butter and garlic mixture, add a tomato and basil topping. You can complete the meal with Greek olives and feta cheese for the Mediterranean flavor you desire.
- Smoked marlin lettuce boats: If you are eating healthier and have been trying to cut calories out of your diet, smoked marlin served on lettuce boats is a recipe that will allow you to enjoy your delicious catch while still monitoring your intake. Pile as much smoked marlin as you want on each piece of lettuce, and add carrots, sprouts, cucumbers or any other vegetables you like along with sticky rice for this sushi-inspired treat.
- Marlin teriyaki: After marinating marlin stakes in a soy sauce and mirin rice wine mixture for a half hour, you can either broil your fish or cook it on a grill for a few minutes on each side. Finish up by brushing a little bit more of the marinade on your marlin steaks, and then serve with a side dish of your choice.
- Smoked marlin chile rellenos: If spicy is more your thing, than this smoked marlin recipe is the one for you. With hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, smoked marlin and other spices mixed together and stuffed into 12 crystal chiles, this recipe is sure to provide just the right amount of kick to your dinner.
- Marlin salad: If you are more of the salad type, you can add smoked marlin to any type of salad greens you like. You can season your fish with whichever type of marinade you prefer, whether it be with your favorite vinaigrette or a delicious wine vinegar mixture. Let your marlin cool and settle in the fridge for about two hours after cooking, and whenever you are ready to enjoy your salad, cut your fish in to small chunks and add to your greens for a healthy, tasty salad option.
If you want the opportunity to catch some marlin during charter fishing in Hawaii, give us a call at Sea Wife Charters Kailua Kona Hawaii. We make sure everyone on board has equal opportunity to catch something by rotating your position throughout the trip, which is why we have one of the highest catch rates in the area. At the end of the trip, we will cut, bag and share the day’s catch, which means that even if you weren’t lucky enough to pull anything in yourself, you will still have the opportunity to give one of these yummy marlin recipes a try. Be sure to give us a call to schedule your charter today!