If you are a tuna lover, going out on a fishing charter in Hawaii is an awesome opportunity to have a great time spending the day out on the water, and then going home with a mouthwatering and delicious treat. Take a look at some of the tuna recipes you could make with your catch from your next fishing charter in Hawaii:
- Spice tuna tartare: If you are in the mood for a spicy tuna dish that is easy to make and can be refrigerated for later, try your hand at this tuna tartare. Mix together mayonnaise, soy sauce, spicy sriracha and your tuna in a bowl for a delicious treat. To add a touch of class to your snack, serve your tartare with waffle chips.
- Tuna burgers: These tuna burgers are a creative Asian-inspired take on a classic favorite. Mixing in the garlic, ginger and lemon zest right in with the tuna is what gives these burgers their savory, long-lasting flavor. Once you add your burger and a bit of a homemade vinegar slaw to a bun of your choice, you will have a satisfying and complete meal.
- Grilled tuna with Mediterranean chopped salad: For a Greek-inspired tuna meal, consider grilling your tuna and pairing it with a Mediterranean chopped salad. To add a bit more heartiness to the meal, this recipe includes chopped and peeled red potatoes, along with green beans, tomatoes, black olives and anchovies for a little extra gusto.
- Asian slaw and somen salad with spice-rubbed tuna: If you want to give a homemade slaw some added flair, try this Asian slaw with spice-rubbed tuna. The key to this recipe is pan searing the tuna with a five-spice powder, which gives the dish the perfect amount of kick. The salad and slaw can be flavored with all types of tasty spices and vegetables of your choice, including carrots, red pepper flakes, ginger, soy sauce, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Tuna steaks with mint sauce: If you prefer to enjoy a dish in which the tuna you caught is the star of the show, you can whip up this tuna steak dinner with a twist. After you have finished cooking your tuna, top it off with a garlic, parsley and mint combo, and enjoy this meal that is full of refreshing flavors with the side dishes of your choice.
At Sea Wife Charters Kailua Kona Hawaii, we make it a priority to increase the chances that everyone who comes out with us has a chance to catch something, and we are proud to say that we have one of the highest catch rates in the area. Since you are able to keep your catch on our fishing charters in Hawaii, you too could have the opportunity to give one of these scrumptious tuna recipes a try. Whether you are interested in setting out with your own group of friends and family or you want to spend the day meeting new people, make sure you give us a call to set up your private or shared charter today.